KSDT L&D- Understanding the Basics of Business Valuation [2 CPE- A&A]
Title: Understanding the Basics of Business Valuation
Date: June 15, 2021
Location: Microsoft Teams [See Link Below]
An understanding of the basics of business valuation is an important tool for KSDT accountants to be able to assist clients who are considering buying or selling their business or an interest therein, contemplating estate tax planning or creating a buy-sell agreement, or dealing with the death of an owner, a shareholder dispute, or a divorce. But many professionals don’t know where to begin. This course is designed help understand the basics of Business Valuations. The presenter will be Richard Weiss, ASA, MS, MBA, MSA, KSDT Partner Corporate Finance
Valuation & Litigation Advisory.
• When to use a Valuation
• Standards and premises of value
• Interpretations of industry valuation multiples: usefulness and limitations
• Discounts for lack of control and marketability
• The COVID-19 pandemic’s impact on business valuation
• Common mistakes found in the application of business valuation approaches
• How the accountant can help during and after the valuation process
Participants will gain an understanding of but not limited to:
• To identify Business Valuation Need
• Understand business valuation principles and procedures
• Help clients with the next steps of Valuation Engagements
Richard Weiss is a Partner at KSDT and leads the firm’s Corporate Finance advisory practice. He has more than 25 years of financial services experience providing valuation and litigation advisory, transaction advisory and transfer pricing services to a wide range of organizations and industries.
Richard has developed complex financial models, evaluated industry structures, analyzed the impact of economic factors on businesses and provided M&A, valuation and litigation advisory opinions to assist the senior management of companies. Richard is also experienced in valuing complex financial instruments, including Stock Appreciation Rights (SARS), contingent consideration, options and warrants for private equity and hedge fund portfolios.
Prior to joining KSDT, he held leadership roles with a large regional accounting firm, providing valuations for tax and financial reporting and with a Big Four accounting firm in its financial advisory services practice. Richard began his career in corporate finance with an investment advisory firm. Richard has the following education and credentials.
• MSA- Masters in Accountancy, University of North Carolina at Wilmington
• MBA- Masters of Business Administration with emphasis on Finance, University of North Carolina at Wilmington
• MS- Masters of Science in Engineering, ITU
• BS- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Magna Cum Laude, Istanbul Technical University (ITU)
• ASA- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) in Business Valuation
To reserve your seat e-mail or call Allen Kinkle, Director of Learning and Development for KSDT CPA at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 2525.
CPE Credits: Participants will earn 2 CPE credits
Field of Study: Accounting and Audit [A&A]
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this session.
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Kabat, Schertzer, De La Torre, Taraboulos & Company is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE Credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Learn More | Meeting options