CPA, CFF, CFE, PFS
Jeffrey Taraboulos is managing partner of Kabat, Schertzer, De La Torre, Taraboulos & Co., where he oversees the firm’s operations and focuses his practice on tax, accounting and management advisory services.
In 2004, Taraboulos co-founded De La Torre, Taraboulos & Company, which merged with Kabat Schertzer in 2008. Since that time, Taraboulos has helped clients develop business and family succession plans, implement complex tax strategies, and negotiate, structure and manage due diligence for multi-million dollar transactions.
Previously, Taraboulos worked in the audit practice of Deloitte & Touche’s Miami office, currently Deloitte, where he provided audit, forensic accounting and other advisory services to public and private companies engaged in mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and fraud examinations. Before this, he was a controller with DIRECTV Latin America, where he developed policies and procedures to meet the operational and budgetary goals of the company while guiding accounting staff in the implementation of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
In addition to being a CPA licensed to practice in Florida and Georgia, Taraboulos earned designations as a Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Personal Financial Specialist (PFS). He is also a life, health and variable annuity limited representative and holds Series 6, 7 and 66 licenses with the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD).
Taraboulos has been an accounting professional since 1996.
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
Brazilian American Chamber of Commerce
Archimedean Schools – Board Member and Treasurer
2020- Power Leaders 250- South Florida Business Journal
2019- Power Leaders 250- South Florida Business Journal
“Outstanding Discussion Leader” – Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
“Top CPA and Financial Professional” – South Florida Legal Guide
Florida International University – Master’s Degree in Accounting
Florida International University – Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Areas Of Expertise
- Year-end Planning
- State & Local Tax Consulting
- Reviews of Returns Prepared by Others
- Review and Evaluation of the Internal Control Environment
- Retirement Planning
- Representation Before the IRS and Other Taxing Authorities
- Preparation of Tax Returns for Individuals, Corporations, Partnerships and Estates And Trusts
- Personal Financial Tax Planning
- Payroll, Sales and Use-tax Reporting
- Payroll Issue Management
- International Taxation
- Individual, Corporate And Partnership Tax Planning
- Implementation of Accounting Software
- Form 990 and 990-T Filings
- Form 5500 Filings
- Forecasts, Projections and Budgets
- Family Business Tax Planning
- Estate and Gift Tax Planning
- Due Diligence
- Automation of Procedures to Improve Cost-effectiveness of Operations