Here are some of the key tax-related deadlines affecting businesses and other employers during the fourth quarter of 2020. Keep in mind that this list isn’t all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. Contact us to ensure you’re meeting all applicable deadlines and to learn more about the filing requirements.
Thursday, October 15
- If a calendar-year C corporation that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2019 income tax return (Form 1120) and pay any tax, interest and penalties due.
- Make contributions for 2019 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans.
Monday, November 2
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for third quarter 2020 (Form 941) and pay any tax due. (See exception below under “November 10.”)
Tuesday, November 10
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for third quarter 2020 (Form 941), if you deposited on time (and in full) all of the associated taxes due.
Tuesday, December 15
- If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the fourth installment of 2020 estimated income taxes.
Thursday, December 31
- Establish a retirement plan for 2020 (generally other than a SIMPLE, a Safe-Harbor 401(k) or a SEP).
How Can We Help?
Call or email our team today
KSDT CPA is ready to navigate the process with you. Fill out the form below and our team will contact you shortly.
2022 Q4 tax calendar: Key deadlines for businesses and other employers
Here are some of the key tax-related deadlines affecting businesses and other employers during the fourth quarter…
What does “probate” mean?
The term “probate” is one you’ve probably heard and might associate with negative connotations. But you may…
FASB proposes last-minute changes to lease accounting rules
Accounting Standards Codification Topic 842, Leases, requires organizations to report the full magnitude of their long-term lease…