Here are some of the key tax-related deadlines affecting businesses and other employers during the fourth quarter of 2020. Keep in mind that this list isn’t all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. Contact us to ensure you’re meeting all applicable deadlines and to learn more about the filing requirements.
Thursday, October 15
- If a calendar-year C corporation that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2019 income tax return (Form 1120) and pay any tax, interest and penalties due.
- Make contributions for 2019 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans.
Monday, November 2
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for third quarter 2020 (Form 941) and pay any tax due. (See exception below under “November 10.”)
Tuesday, November 10
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for third quarter 2020 (Form 941), if you deposited on time (and in full) all of the associated taxes due.
Tuesday, December 15
- If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the fourth installment of 2020 estimated income taxes.
Thursday, December 31
- Establish a retirement plan for 2020 (generally other than a SIMPLE, a Safe-Harbor 401(k) or a SEP).
How Can We Help?
Call or email our team today
KSDT CPA is ready to navigate the process with you. Fill out the form below and our team will contact you shortly.
Many factors are involved when choosing a business entity
Are you planning to launch a business or thinking about changing your business entity? If so, you…
Do you have a will?
The need for a will as a key component of your estate plan may seem obvious, but…
FASB offers practical expedient for private companies that issue share-based awards
On October 25, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) issued a simpler accounting option that will enable private…